1919 - The Zoo consisted of a cage of rabbits, some fireman´s pets, and a few native species. This collection was housed in the Central Fire Station in downtown Jackson (now the Jackson Chamber of Commerce Building).
1921 - The City Council voted to situate the Zoo on the land acquired from Samuel Livingston, and became known as the Livingston Park Zoo.
1950´s & 60´s: The Zoo was later renamed The R.M. Taylor Zoo.
1964 - Robert Wagner became the Zoo Director. The Zoo´s name was changed to The Jackson Zoological Society.