Founded by Charly Reiche (-1885) in Grünenplan, Alfeld. Henry (-1887) and Karl Reich (known in US as Charles Reiche) emmigrated 1884 to New York from Germany and imported animals to Zoos and circuses. From about the 1860s, the prosperity of the Reiche broters was undoubtely due to the imports of elephants for circuses in America, mainly P. T. Barnum and Adam Forepaugh. (Hoage, Deiss, From Menagerie to Zoological Park in the Nineteenth Century, page 102, 103)
1860: Charles Reich returned to Germany, and set up a business close to Hannover.
1866: they imported 3 elephants from Hamburg through Carl Hagenbeck.
Karl Reiche died 1885, Henry 1887.
The company closed in 1909, and the last animals were sold to Firma Ruhe in Alfeld.